May 19, 2016

Two poems by JAMES G. PIATT

THE LONE FROG

The lone frog outside my window
Croaks its somniferous song into
My dreaming ears; its guttural
Voice unfastens pleasant memories
In the locked caches in my mind.
How I love to hear that old frog’s
Jingle in the night as I coast
On soft clouds in my mind’s sky.


OH SOFT AND BALMY SPRING BREEZE


The breath of the renewing soul,
Send your tender healing presence
To cover my lonely heart’s gaping hole,
And dear garden’s soft and loamy bed,
Cover me with sweet aromas of roses
Pink, yellow, white, and red; and
Reaching to the sky above, so blue,
Are the beautiful Blue Bells, and Iris so true:
The geraniums maroon color is vivid, and bright,
The hue of the Berry Punch is glowing just right:

I see soft clouds climbing over the mountains afar,
The foothills below, yellow as the afternoon star,
Sweet melodies of song birds in the Sycamore trees,
The soft buzzing hum of the tenacious honeybees,
All give me a special calmness during this time, and
A newness begins in the pulse of a poet’s rhyme.

**


Dr. Piatt's poems have been nominated for Pushcart and Best of Web awards, and his poems were published in The 100 Best Poems of 2015 & 2014 Anthologies. He has published 2 poetry books “The Silent Pond” (2012), and “Ancient Rhythms,” (2014), and over 665 poems in over 90 different magazine, anthologies, and poetry books. His third poetry book is scheduled for release in January. His books are available on Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment